Home Company Services Properties Bulgaria Bulgarian Regions Contact us Български Руский
6949

Bulgaria

Summer beach resorts in Bulgaria, summer holiday near seashore of Black Sea, Bulgarian beach resorts

Sunny Beach beach resort

Sunny Beach (Slanchev Bryag) Resort is situated 42 km north of Bourgas. Practically, the resort occupies the entire territory stretching from the village of Vlas to the north and the town of Nessebar to the south. The resort offers more than 120 hotels and two camping sites, and is rich in entertainment facilities.

Golden Sands beach resort

The resort of Zlatni Pyasatsi (Golden Sands) is the largest one on the northern Black Sea coast as it is built on more than 1,800 hectares of land. It is situated 18km north of Varna and is bordered on the north by Kranevo and on the south by the St. St. Konstantin and Elena Resort. The beech of the resort stretches over some 4km with width of up to 100 metres. Almost the entire coast along the resort falls within the boundaries of the Zlatni Pyasatsi natural park, which stretches over 1,320 ha. The Frengenskoto Plato (Frengen Plateau) of limestone structure, liable to landslide and erosion, is perking just above the resort. The area is famous for the purest sand on the Black Sea coast and also abounds of trees and bushes. Mineral water springs, as well as the marvelous wood bordering the Frangen Plateau turn Golden Sands into one of the pearls of the Bulgarian coast. A constant temperature of about 27°C throughout the summer season makes it a wonderful place for a summer holiday.

Albena beach resort

The resort of Albena is situated 32 km north of Varna and just 12km south-west of Balchik on a long sand stretch in the open northern part of Varna Bay. The resort’s errection was started in 1968, which makes it one of the most modern holiday cities along the Bulgarian coast. The complex lies beneath a relatively high hill and is given particular charm by the near-by forest of Baltata, a part of which is declared a protected area. The latter is also called Batova Gora (Batova Forecast) after the Batova river, in the valley of which it grows. The resort’s architecture resembles one of Walter Gropius' urban models as most of the hotels have a terraced structure aimed at providing as much sun as possible in summer days. To the north the coast is steep, featuring yellow sandstone and limestone typical of the area. It is in fact this stone slope that was the main source of construction material for the resort.

Constantine and Helena beach resort

The oldest resort along the Bulgarian seaside is only 9 km away from and Varna. The resort’s construction began almost a century ago, in 1908, and the origin purpose of the resort was to host patients ill with tuberculosis. The resort is named after the nearby St. St. Constantine and Helena Monastery, built at the beginning of the 18th century. Today the monastery also offers tourist accommodation and a high-quality restaurant.

Nessebar - Ancient and Modern
The town of Nessebar (about 10 000 inhabitants) is situated on a small peninsula 36 km to the northeast of Burgas and 430 km to the east of Sofia. Its beach is regarded to be the best along the Black Sea coast. Astonishing dunes make the coast quite picturesque. The green coppices by the sandy strips provide a cool breath of air during the hot days. Despite its small size the town always surprises tourists with the ancient surroundings and atmosphere. There is a regular transport connecting Burgas and Pomorie to Nessebar and Slunchev Bryag (Sunny Beach). There are private taxis typical for the seaside towns due to the large number of tourists. The prices are moderate. There is water transport to Burgas; one can often hire local boatmen to reach different places in the bay. The most preferred hotels in the town are Messembria Hotel, Globus Hotel and Burgas Hotel. There is a tourist house and lots of small hotels. Private lodgings are obtainable without previous reservation in the old town. Surroundings - The village of Ravda is situated to the south of Nessebar and a sand strip connects both of them. There are melon fields, vines and gardens near the village where one can buy fresh agricultural products at low prices. There are numerous children's and youth camps, holiday houses and private lodgings. The village of Aheloy is situated on the highway to Burgas near the mouth of the Aheloy River. This is where the Bulgarian Tsar Simeon I destroyed the armies of the Byzantine emperor Lion Foka in the area called nowadays Kokalos because of the scattered bones (kokal, from greek - bone) of the murdered soldiers.

Saint Vlas (Sveti Vlas) sea resort

The Sveti Vlas (St.Vlas) village has about 3,000 inhabitants and is situated just 4 km to the north of Sunny Beach resort and 9 km away from the town of Nessebar. It lies in the skirts of the Stara Planina mountain (also called the Balkan mountain) and thus offers a beautiful combination of sea and mountain climate, considered favourable for those suffering from lung diseases. The adjacent beaches are of a total length of about 1km and average width of 16 metres. Besides the village's central beach, there is also a smaller one (the so-called 'Campinga' after the campsite there), stretching from the Sun Palace complex to the Riviera complex. The eastern end of the village's adjacent coastal line hosts the small port of local fishermen.

Tzarevo sea tourism

The town of Tzarevo has above 6,000 inhabitants, and lies 72km south of Bourgas. Similarly to other nearby towns and villages, Tzarevo is situated at the very border between the Strandzha Mountain and the sea. It lies over two small peninsulas, bordering a beautiful inlet. The peak of Papiya, which is 502m high and shows traces of an old fortress, stands out to the south of the town and is an additional attraction of Tzarevo. The town is an administrative centre and has a lot of specialised stores (e.g. for vehicle spare parts) and a hospital.

In ancient times, the place was inhabited by a colony named Vassiliko. The town of Tzarevo was included in the territory of Bulgaria only in 1912. The name of Tzarevo dates back to the 1930s. With the communists' taking power in September, 1944 it was renamed into Michurin in honour of the renowned Russian biologist, and bore this name until the fall of socialist rule. It is an international port for medium-sized passenger and cargo ships.

Ahtopol sea tourism

The town of Ahtopol has population of about 1,500 people and is situated over a sharply jutted cape 87km southeast of Bourgas. It has two long and beautiful beaches. The town occupies the place of a Thracian settlement. It was probably colonised in the 6th century BC. The Romans called it Peronticus while the Byzantine leader Agaton reconstructed the town after barbarian invasions and gave it his own name, Agatopolis. The town frequently changed hands between the Byzantine Empire and the Bulgarian state. With the arrival of the Ottoman troops at the end of the 14th century, it was called Ahtenbolu. It was burnt down and devastated by sea pirates many times with the most recent fire being in 1918 when the town was completely destroyed. Remains of the town''s fortress and a fountain with a carved horseman are the only traces left from old times.